This is so simple! Cook your salmon how you like it. Mix sugar free honey and whole grain mustard in a bowl (2 parts honey, 1 part mustard) and put it on top of the salmon. Delish!
Sweet Potato Waffles
I have seen recipes floating around for sweet potato waffles, but they all seemed so unhealthy, and not enough sweet potatoes! Sweet potatoes are SO good for you! They are crazily enriched with vitamins, so I didn’t want to just put a tiny scoop in and call it a day. So here is the way I made them.. and they were pretty awesome! This recipe will make about 6 or 7 waffles, depending on the size of your waffle maker.
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Stevia (or other sugar substitute)
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon (or less if you prefer)
- 2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup LIGHT Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp LIGHT Butter
- 3 Eggs
- Pre-heat waffle maker
- Peel Sweet Potato and cut into squares
- Put in bowl with water and heat in microwave until mushy; mash the sweet potatoes
- Blend Sweet Potatoes, butter, milk, lemon juice, eggs, and sour cream in blender- I did this because I am a huge texture person. I didn’t want chunks of sweet potatoes in my waffles. If you don’t mind that, don’t worry about this step, just mix the wet ingredients.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it turns into a batter. If you are adding fruits or nuts, add them now.
- My waffle maker has a pre-measured scoop, but I would assume you would scoop about 1/2 Cup of batter onto waffle maker.
- Cook until waffles are browned.
- Serve with light butter and sugar free syrup.
- You can add whatever toppings you would like.
Sweet peas & turkey bacon. So good! Use 1/2 a slice of turkey bacon and cut it up and cook it, then add your sweet peas and you’re done!
These are so good for you! Mashed red potatoes with garlic, lite grated Parmesan and 1/2 cup of fat free milk.. Just add salt and pepper and you’re good to go!
Garlic Parmesan Shrimp.. 1 serving of shrimp, rice vinegar, garlic, grated Parmesan (lite)
Good for digestion! 2 carrots chopped, 4 oz canned pineapple, 3/4 cup pineapple juice, 2 scoops body by vi, ice